Guide to Alternative Residence Options
A free complete resource for choosing the nursing home or long-term care facility right for you!
The Guide to Alternative Residence Options offers a comprehensive list of terms that will be commonly used throughout this process, as well as a checklist for you to print and take with you when you visit your potential nursing home or long-term care facility. This checklist will help you answer questions like…
- Does the nursing home have the level of care I need?
- Is there a licensed nursing staff 24 hours a day, including a Registered Nurse present at least 8 hours per day, 7 days a week?
- Do CNAs help take care of residence?
- Can residents have personal belongings and furniture in their rooms?
- Are there quiet areas where residents can visit with friends and family?
- Are all common areas, resident rooms, and doorways designed for wheelchair use?
- Can the nursing home provide for special dietary needs?
- Does the nursing home have an arrangement with a nearby hospital for emergencies?
The Guide to Alternative Residence will empower you to take control of your future, informing you of your rights as a resident of a nursing home or long-term care facility, as well as the responsibilities you have as a resident.
Please follow the instructions below to download your complimentary Guide to Alternative Residence Options.